Monday, September 10, 2007

INSTANT POETRY FORMS

I really like sending kids to gigglepoetry.com to create poetry.

I just found another poetry site that looks pretty good too. I am going to try it out this week with my class. It's called Instant Poetry Forms It's very user friendly and I think the kids will like it a lot.

As you probably have guessed from its name, it provides on line templates and directions to help kids create their own poems. After the kids supply the words the program creates the poem. All they have to do is highlight it, hit print, then selection and its ready to hand in.


Here is a 5W poem I created:

Jim
played tennis with Dan,
at the middle school,
yesterday,
because it was a beautiful day outside.



It has lots of different style and forms to choose from. It doesn't have a spell checker, and maybe thats a good thing.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

#

4 comments:

Blayne Edwards said...

I think Jim and Dan are both dorks.

Anonymous said...

Jim is not a dork! I know this cause he's my husband and a wonderful guy who just thinks outside the box all the time.
Jan

jim said...

I have had a chance to use this site now for a couple of weeks and I really like.

The kids seem to like it too.

Anonymous said...

on this web site picked up a huge assortment of unique news about [url=http://title-publishing.org/]новости интернета 2013[/url].